WHY DOES IT MATTER WHETHER OR NOT JESUS WAS CRUCIFIED?
WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE WHO SUBSCRIBE TO CHRISTIANITY, IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE!
Nancy B. Detweiler, M.Ed., M.Div.
For thousands of years, Earth humans have resided on a plane of duality … within an illusory matrix of lies. Now, in 2014, “I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away.” (Revelation 21:1) Contrary to what Christians are taught, we are not in the End Times, but embarking—as co-creators—of our New Earth.
As the first heaven and the first earth pass away, the matrix of lies disintegrates. We begin to comprehend what the Apostle Paul meant when he wrote: “When I was a child, I spoke as a child. I understood as a child, I thought like a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a mirror, darkly; but then face to face. Now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.” (I Corinthians 13:11-12) The authenticity of this letter as one written by Paul—around 54 A.D.—is undisputed by biblical scholars.[i]
In his second letter to the Corinthians, Paul relates an experience he had 14 years previously in which he was transported to the third heaven and heard things not to be told. He adds that in order to keep him from being too elated over what he saw and heard, he was given a thorn in the flesh. (II Corinthians 12:1-10) This out-of-body experience gave Paul insight into another world … a world of bliss. He could write from personal experience: “When I became a man, I put away childish things.”
Paul’s experience and subsequent statement offers insight for the way in which many Earth humans relate to modern day Channellers and Intuitives communicating with those abiding on higher dimensions. The tendency is to give away our innate power and to depend upon the Channeller/Intuitive for guidance and information from the higher realms, while neglecting to develop our own capacity to communicate for ourselves. Paul states that when he was a child, he thought like a child; but when he became a man, he put away childish things—thereby mapping the path to higher consciousness and the ability to communicate with those beings dwelling on the higher dimensions. The path is one of individual development. Each one of us possesses the innate capacity to progress along this path. However, we forfeit that ability and our own power when we become too dependent upon the Channeller/Intuitive. This tendency for people to become overly dependent may be why Apostle Paul was not allowed to speak of what he saw during his journey to the 3rd heaven.
What does Paul’s experience have to do with Christians and whether or not Jesus was crucified? Remember, all that occurred within the matrix of lies in which we live will pass away—all that has happened was illusion and will be no more.
The reasons the question of Jesus’ crucifixion impacts Christians relate to this present time of transition to higher consciousness.
1. Christians are taught: Jesus paid it all through the shedding of His blood on the cross. Therefore, if you are saved—meaning you have accepted Jesus as your Lord & Savior—you have nothing to worry over. You will not be punished in hell for an eternity for not believing in Him. To avoid going to hell is the major reason for becoming a Christian. Many Christians, especially ministers, love to talk of saving souls. What they don’t often say is, “saving souls from going to hell.” Hell, although non-existent, forms the foundation for most of the proclamation work Christians do.
2. This teaching—“Jesus paid it all” marks the Christian as a lowly sinner bound for eternal punishment, except for the shed blood of Jesus. Thus, the Christian’s view of self is tainted with a sense of unworthiness. When we feel unworthy as an individual, we become like sheep … simply following the instructions of authority figures … unable to think for ourselves.
3. Christians are taught “Jesus’ blood cleansed you as white as snow.” This teaching very often means the individual Christian feels no need to think in terms of holistic growth: physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual. Using the Purple Transmuting Flame for purification, reading self-help books, getting to know past life influences that are adversely affecting this incarnation, considering possible psychological reasons for physical, emotional, or mental illness: all are heretical or “New Age” and not for Christians to use.
4. Many Christians feel perfectly comfortable sinning (their language), then—for a variety of reasons, including getting caught—appear convinced that confessing their sin to a priest or to the church community grants them pardon … no matter how many times they sin. Christians are taught to be forgiving when an individual confesses. There can be a total disconnect from the personal issues behind the actions … no inner urge to understand the behavior and convert the problem energy into a positive asset. After all, “Jesus paid it all … His blood washed me white as snow.”
5. It is difficult to know a loving Mother/Father God when that God resorted to violence (crucifixion) as a means of offering salvation from eternal damnation. Christians are faced with a double standard. They often say, “God can do anything God chooses.” At the same time, most churches regularly have a time for backsliding Christians to re-dedicate their lives to Jesus. Christians are taught to be forgiving, while believing their God will hold a grudge for eternity … not only a grudge, but inflict horrible punishment for eternity. Fear dwells within the Christian, although they will strongly deny that fact; instead declaring, “I am saved.” They live with a lie they are afraid to release by seeking Truth.
6. Unconditional love and the crucifixion are concepts that cannot be reconciled. That’s one reason, Christians often hear the statement or make it: “Don’t ask too many questions or you will lose your faith.” To step out of the orthodox Christian box can result in expulsion from the congregation and/or excommunication from the church. Punishment assumes a major role in Christian thinking, chaining them to a life that leaves them wondering, “Surely there is more to life than this.”
I could go on and on, but my point is made: Teaching Jesus crucified as the mainstay of Christianity is unthinkable and results in grave harm to many downtrodden souls. This, … while the Truth is that Jesus incarnated as one of the Great Avatars who came to Earth to show Earth humans the Way Home to being ONE WITH ALL THAT IS … TO KNOW WHAT IT IS LIKE TO LIVE & MOVE & HAVE OUR BEING WITHIN THE ENERGY OF UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.
As Jesus taught: “The Truth will set you free!”
Why has not a definitive answer come through talented channellers and Intuitives regarding whether or not Jesus was crucified? Why does there seem to be as many shades of this story as there are channellers and Intuitives?
How can Christians learn to put away childish things and become an adult if those who already see into the heavenly realms—like the Apostle Paul—are allowed to spoon feed them. Christians need to learn to think independently, not give away their power and accept whatever they are taught by those in authority. Christians have no idea that they are child gods … that they were created and given the gift of freewill to choose how they want to live their lives … that they are eternal souls who can take as long as they choose to return Home to Unconditional Love.
According to the biblical text, Jesus was a rebel. There is not one positive word recorded in the Bible that Jesus spoke in reference to the religious leaders. He repeatedly and deliberately disobeyed religious laws, knowing the religious leaders were watching him. He certainly tempted the authorities to take action against him.
On the other hand, Jesus was born into a highly respected, well positioned family. His maternal uncle—who became his guardian following his father’s death—was one of the most wealthy men in the ancient world. Joseph of Arimathea also possessed tremendous influence within the Roman Court as well as with the religious leaders. How often do we see members of highly respected families, with great wealth and political clout, being tortured? Crucifixion was one of the cruelest methods of death.
Jesus was a highly trained Initiate—both in Egypt and India—who knew how to disappear from sight (Luke 4:28-30) and escape his enemies. If Jesus was crucified, he allowed it to demonstrate there is no death. However, He frequently demonstrated this fact by raising people from the dead.
Whether or not Jesus was crucified matters ONLY because the teaching that God sent His only begotten Son to die on the cross for our salvation from sin and escape from eternal punishment has created so many obstacles to Christians getting to know a God of unconditional love … who gifted us with freewill choice along with the freedom to experiment with that gift … who created us as god-children, co-creators with our Mother/Father God.
Jesus incarnated on Earth as a Wayshower, yet Christians have largely ignored what He came to show us … focusing instead on the story of crucifixion. Orthodox Christianity teaches that Earth humans need a Mediator between God and us; Jesus taught, “Ye are gods.” (John 10:34)
Get to know Jesus as A Wayshower!
PART 1: https://pathwaytoascension.wordpress.com/2010/09/08/if-jesus-is-a-wayshower-what-did-he-show-us-part-i/
PART 2: https://pathwaytoascension.wordpress.com/2010/09/08/if-jesus-is-a-wayshower-what-did-he-show-us-part-2-of-series/
PART 3: https://pathwaytoascension.wordpress.com/2010/09/08/if-jesus-is-a-wayshower-what-did-he-show-us-part-3-of-series/
PART 4: https://pathwaytoascension.wordpress.com/2010/09/08/if-jesus-is-a-wayshower-what-did-he-show-us-part-4-of-series/
PART 5: https://pathwaytoascension.wordpress.com/2010/09/08/if-jesus-is-a-wayshower-what-did-he-show-us-part-5-of-series/
PART 6: https://pathwaytoascension.wordpress.com/2010/09/08/if-jesus-is-a-wayshower-what-did-he-show-us-part-6-of-series/
PART 7: https://pathwaytoascension.wordpress.com/2010/09/08/if-jesus-is-a-wayshower-what-did-he-show-us-part-7/
PART 8: https://pathwaytoascension.wordpress.com/2010/09/08/if-jesus-is-our-wayshower-what-did-he-show-us-part-8-of-series/
PART 9: https://pathwaytoascension.wordpress.com/2010/09/09/if-jesus-is-a-wayshower-what-did-he-show-us-part-9-of-series/
PART 10: https://pathwaytoascension.wordpress.com/2010/09/09/if-jesus-is-a-wayshower-what-did-he-show-us-part-10/
EXTRA: Living the Lord’s Prayer for Planet Earth: https://pathwaytoascension.wordpress.com/2012/01/15/living-the-lords-prayer-for-planet-earth-2/
EXTRA: Analysis of the Nicene Creed in Comparison With Jesus’ Teachings: https://pathwaytoascension.wordpress.com/2012/02/19/an-analysis-of-the-nicene-creed-in-comparison-with-jesus-teachings/
EXTRA: Hell as a Place for Some to Spend Eternity Is Not Biblical: https://pathwaytoascension.wordpress.com/2011/03/24/hell-as-a-place-for-some-to-spend-eternity-is-not-biblical/
[i] Elisabeth Schussler Fiorenza, “I Corinthians,” Harper’s Bible Commentary, page 1168.
Filed under: 2014, Crucified Savior | Comments Off on WHY DOES IT MATTER WHETHER OR NOT JESUS WAS CRUCIFIED? WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE WHO SUBSCRIBE TO CHRISTIANITY, IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE!